Monday, March 3, 2014

Day one of pinewood derby


We were planning out how to make the car. I like fancy cars. If there is more weight in the back the car will go faster. The bump is the driver's seat. 


That is me making the car. I am wearing safety glasses because wood dust will go inside my eyes and that will hurt. 


We are measuring how much the car weighs. It weighed 3 and a half ounces before we started. This is what it looked like. 


This is after our first cuts. Me and daddy worked together to make that. My daddy used a coping saw to cut it. 


We weighed the car to see how much it weighs after the first cuts. It now weighs one and a half ounces. We cut off 2 ounces. It can weigh five ounces for the race. 


I am nailing a practice race track. We are making it to test how fast the car is. 














No comments:

Post a Comment