Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day two of pinewood derby



This is me sanding my pinewood derby car. That thing that I am sanding with is called a sanding sponge. I am sanding the side of the pinewood derby car. I am sanding it because it has bumps on it and we do not want bumps on it. 


This is me measuring it after we sanded. We put the lead weight on there. We knew we needed to add three ounces to get close to the five ounce limit. We want to make it as heavy as possible so it can go as fast as possible. 

 
We were going to melt lead to put in the car but it smelled bad. So we stopped doing that and went to Michaels...


And we bought weights. My daddy drilled holes inside the pinewood derby car on the bottom where the driver's seat goes. Then we carved all of holes together to make one rectangle. Next we put weights inside the rectangle and we glued them inside. 


My dad and I puttied the rectangle with wood filler. We did that because we wanted to make sure the weights stay in the car and it will make the car look fancier. Then we wait for it to dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment